Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Believing in Your Workout and Diet Plans

Have you ever tried following a training or nutrition plan that you didn't believe in? I have and it sucks! I went week after week not knowing if what I was doing was actually making any improvements to my body and it didn't take long before I gave up and moved on to the next routine.

This plight is fairly common, as people continue to jump from one ineffective program to another with little or nothing to show for their efforts. The only way you'll be able to have any kind of long-term success with any training and nutrition plan is by being totally committed. Anything less than total commitment will ultimately end in failure and disappointment.

I think you'd agree that it's impossible to commit to something you don't believe in. This is precisely the problem with most programs being sold online today. They give a ton of high level instruction, but fail to explain why their instructions will work for those that have trusted them to transform their physiques.



On top of that, they usually provide very little in terms of explaining how to measure the results of their system to ensure you're making progress every week or two. I don't know about you, but I need to have some hard data to prove that what I'm doing is making a difference. Without being assured that I'm improving my body each week it's hard not to give up and move on to something more measurable.

On the other hand, if I am consistently getting measurable results from my efforts each week, you better believe I'm going to continue following what I'm doing until I am completely satisfied with the end result.

Depending on the program results can be measured in a variety of ways: bicep measurements, stomach fat measurements using calipers, waist circumference, body weight, etc. You need to make sure that you choose a program that focuses on improving the metric you're most concerned about.

If your goal is to lose 30 pounds, you'll want to make sure that you're losing weight each week. Likewise, if your goal is to get six-pack abs, you'll want to choose a program that allows you to shed measurable amounts of stomach fat each week.

Regardless of your goals you need a program that not only tells you what to do, but tells you why to do it and how to measure your progress. That way you can rest assured that you've chosen to follow a program that's based on your personal goals and provides the kind of results you can believe in until you achieve your goals.

Craig Leonard is a formerly overweight turned fitness expert that understands the struggles the average person endures when trying to build muscle and shed unwanted body fat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment