Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Living Without Fat

Do you want to hear the truth about burning fat? Most people do not. They would rather hear about some miracle that will transform them overnight without effort.

If you want to lose water and muscle, go for the miracle diets, and end up saggy and shapeless.

Combining a sensible diet with a certain exercise routine can transform you into a toned figure rapidly.

I certainly believe in doing both.

I'm crazy about my exercise program. No-o-o I don't like to do exercises any more than you do. But I do love my exercise program because I get maximum results for minimum time. I would rather be doing other things with my time. I see people come into the gym and wander around from machine to machine with no plan in mind. An hour or more later, they've not achieved an effective workout of any body part. The result is usually a high drop out rate.

If people could only see how much weight they could lose in a short time by simply doing the right things... I have far surpassed the results of most of my gym acquaintances, in a third of the time. These guys are in their 20s and 30s. I'm even "younger" at 59. Most people should never enter a gym without a personal trainer.



For the sake of helping anyone who wants to lose only fat, here is a brief on my technique., Then I'm off to do other things.

This is very basic, and remember, if it works for a 60 year old, it'll work in double time for a young person. I exercise one muscle group per day. I workout four weekdays, then rest through the weekend. I personally do not do aerobics although I do walk three days per week in addition to my resistance training.

I'll describe my chest routine as a sample of a workout. For each exercise I do one warm up set with light weight... 8 to 10 reps, two working sets of 8 to 10 reps, and one set to failure...usually 8 or 9 reps. I do two exercises each time I do chest: Dumb bell incline press and bench press. Next week I'll do incline bench and cable crossovers to change things up a bit.

The warm up set is done with weights at approximately half of what I can lift with one rep. This is strictly to warm up the muscles. This is followed within 30 seconds with two working sets at 80 percent of my max. I rest for 60 seconds between these working sets. These are followed by a 90 second rest, then a slightly heavier set where my muscles reach failure at 8 to 10 reps. Failure simply means I cannot do another perfect form set.

Each contraction of the muscle consists of a 2 or 3 second contraction or lift, followed by a 2 second hold at full contraction, then a 3 or 4 second return to start.

0 comments:

Post a Comment